Deadline July 24, 2009
Title: Research Assistant
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Application Deadline: July 24, 2009
Status: Temporary full-time (6 months)
Research Study: Making a Case for Antibiotic Stewardship – Using regional data to demonstrate the potential for cost-savings and a reduction in antibiotic resistant infections.
Overview: The successful candidate for this position will participate in the data collection and analysis phase of an innovative, quantitative research study that reviews retrospectively in-patient antibiotic use across five acute care facilities.
- Assist in the management, entry and analysis of data (primary data collection source: patient chart review)
- Collaborate with research team on data analysis strategies
- Prepare draft manuscript for publication and/or presentation
- Bachelor's Degree (Health or Social Science) with relevant research experience
- Advanced computer skills Microsoft Office (PC) required and FileMaker Pro (MAC) an asset
- Technically competent with desktop hardware, telephone and videoconferencing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and contribute as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to share and work with others collegially within a learning environment
- Excellent organization, time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated quantitative/qualitative data collection and analysis skills
- Previous experience demonstrating ability to abstract information from medical charts and computerized medical records systems
- Excellent library and bibliographic skills
- Excellent manuscript preparation skills
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Must have a “G” level Ontario driver’s license and vehicle. Transportation will be required within our region and will be compensated as per North Simcoe Muskoka Infection Control Network policy.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV by Canada Post or E-Mail before July 24th, 2009 to:
Colleen Nisbet, Network Coordinator
North Simcoe Muskoka Infection Control Network
80 Victoria Street, Unit 7
Orillia, Ontario L3V 7E4