Deadline August 14, 2009
The Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC) is the policy and advocacy organization for non-profit, community-governed, interdisciplinary primary health care organizations. Our members are Ontario's Community Health Centres, Aboriginal Health Access Centres and Community Family Health Teams.
Performance Measurement Manager (Full-time, Permanent position)
The successful candidate will provide expertise and support to the leadership within CHC sector through the Ontario CHCs’ Performance Measurement Committee (PMC) in meeting its mandate of guiding at a policy level, sector-wide performance measurement, reporting and quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage the work of PMC.
- Facilitate, support and provide strategic insight into the work of PMC Standing Committees addressing Complexity of Care, Data Quality, Indicator Development and Quality Improvement.
- Facilitate knowledge brokerage and transfer through strategic communication and partnership development with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify knowledge leaders internal and external to the sector in subject areas pertinent to PMC including indicator development, accountability, and primary care measurement, such as academia and key institutions involved in innovative performance knowledge generation.
- Produce or coordinate production of reports to demonstrate the work CHCs do.
- Develop and support sector-wide Quality Improvement processes and initiatives.
- Work closely with the PMC members to promote an atmosphere of teamwork, enthusiasm, and commitment to the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
Qualification and Experience
Requirements for this position include the following or equivalent:
- Master’s degree in health research, administration and/or planning, epidemiology, public health.
- Strong skills and demonstrated experience in research and evaluation, and measurement of complex health issues.
- Good understanding of community-based, inter-disciplinary team health care delivery.
- 3-5 years experience in a health or social services environment, specifically working in research, planning and/or evaluation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly skilled in the area of research and evaluation, performance measurement and indicator development for health care organizations.
- Project management skills, particularly project coordination, program planning, proposal and report development.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and stakeholder engagement skills with diverse interest groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
AOHC offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be offered based on qualifications, experience and within the Organization’s established salary grid policy guidelines.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on August 14th, 2009.
Interested applicants please forward in confidence, a cover letter and resume to:
PMC Hiring Committee
c/o Corinne Christie
Association of Ontario Health Centres
970 Lawrence Ave W, Suite 500
Toronto ON M6A 3B6
Fax: 416 236 0431
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
AOHC is an Equity Employer and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, individuals from racialised and minoritised groups (e.g. diverse ethno-racial and francophone communities and people of all sexual orientations and genders) and persons with disability.