Deadline August 14, 2009
Full-time Contract Position Available for 12 to 13 Months, commencing October 1, 2009
Due to a staff leave, FST has a full-time contract position available for a Research and Evaluation Coordinator. This position works with the board, staff and management to plan and implement research and evaluation projects with an emphasis on outcome evaluation and generation of knowledge that will strengthen FST and the community services sector. The position also coordinates FST’s large student education program. This position reports to the Director of Research, Evaluation and Planning.
- Researches and disseminates best practices in relation to FST’s work (including research and evaluation initiatives) via literature review, internet searches and contacts with other leading organizations.
- Supports board, management and staff to develop evaluation/research frameworks including program logic models, comprehensive plans for evaluation/research and clear, user-friendly evaluation/research tools.
- Ensures ethical, professionally accepted evaluation methods and compliance with organization policies.
- Identifies evaluation/research opportunities and funding sources consistent with the organization’s service and learning objectives and develops high quality funding proposals.
- Implements evaluation/research plans or supports staff/consultants to implement them.
- Uses SPSS, FST client/service database, Excel and qualitative research software to conduct statistical data analysis and accurately interprets results.
- Provides accurate, meaningful statistical and trend data for research, evaluation and planning.
- Produces high quality, comprehensive written reports that include recommendations for action.
- Makes clear, effective presentations to stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Promotes the use of research and evaluation results for learning and performance improvement.
- Coordinates FST’s Student Program including liaising with colleges and universities, generating interest within FST to host student placements and providing support for field instructors.
- Supervises students, providing a high quality environment for their learning.
- Post graduate degree at the Master’s or PhD. level (or in final stages of thesis completion) in human services with research component and/or equivalent.
- Several years experience in managing and conducting research and/or evaluation projects.
- Knowledge and experience with current evaluation field, especially in program logic models, client satisfaction, quality assurance and outcome evaluation methodologies.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methodologies.
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of evaluation and research software (SPSS, Nudist/ NVivo and MS Office applications).
- Demonstrated success in research, writing and making presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with personnel at all levels across multiple programs/areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to exchange knowledge.
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving abilities. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize, take initiative.
- Community based research experience especially with diverse ethno-cultural groups is a definite asset.
Salary Range: Salary Grade 9. $56,624-$69,769
This is a non bargaining unit, non management position.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume quoting file #RES23/ 09 to: Family Service Toronto, Human Resource Services, 355 Church Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1Z8 or Fax (416) 595-2895 or e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: No later than 5:00 p.m. August 14, 2009
FST thanks all applicants and will contact the individuals selected for an interview.
FST is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.