Kingston, London, and Cambridge
October and November, 2009, and January, 2010
These introductory-level workshops cover the basics of THCU's recommended step models.
In each workshop:
- we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the "why" and "how" of each step,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- identify quality sources of more information, tools and personalized consultation services.
We recommend these sessions for
- Anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- Front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate programs and services.
- Managers or team leaders who train or advise staff about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Participants may enroll in day one, day two, or both days:
- Day One: Planning Health Promotion Programs (AM) and Evaluating Health Promotion Programs (PM)
- Day Two: Influencing Policy Change and Development(AM), Developing Health Communication Activities (PM)
This set of workshops will be offered:
- October 5 & 6 in Kingston
- December 2 & 3 in London
- January 27 & 28th, 2010, in Cambridge
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer these workshops for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/registration.cfm. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available.