Deadline August 14, 2009
This .8 FTE (28 hrs/week) position is available immediately (pending funding) and is funded until March 2010 with the possibility of extension.
Closing date: 10:00 a.m. Friday, August 14, 2009
Compensation: negotiable competitive salary with benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario, with occasional province-wide travel
Relocation: expenses will not be paid
OPHA is a not-for-profit organization that provides a strong, unified independent voice for Public Health professionals and volunteers committed to improving the health of all Ontarians. OPHA is governed by a Board of Directors and works in partnership with other organizations to fulfill its strategic plan.
The Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC) is committed to increasing the level of provincial support for nutrition promotion programming, develop resources, disseminate resources and support nutrition professionals working in public and community health. Â The Nutrition Resource Centre has committed itself to strengthening the capacity of nutrition practitioners in communities across Ontario and coordinates the delivery of quality nutrition programming in a health promotion context.
The Program Coordinator, reporting to the NRC Manager, is accountable for planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating all aspects of an assigned provincial programming portfolio supported by the NRC.
- a degree in nutrition or health science from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- preferably post-graduate education in nutrition, health promotion or a related discipline
- eligibility for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario required
- working knowledge of foods/nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices
- successful experience applying needs-based health promotion techniques and tools
- experience with Ontario's community and/or public health sector
- broad knowledge and experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- proven training and development, facilitation and community development abilities
- strong teamwork, project management, coordinating and practical problem-solving skills
- ability to work independently using initiative and open to peer review
- critical thinking skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- capacity to manage relationships well with diverse groups of people on varied initiatives
- proficiency with PC-based common office software
- French-English bilingualism an asset
- project management experience
- legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada
Qualified applicants can send a cover letter and resumÃ©, including salary expectations and quoting file number above to: email@example.com or by mail, marked “Confidential” to:
The Nutrition Resource Centre
Ontario Public Health Association
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Attn: C. Scythes
Thank you for your interest.
Please be advised, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.