Deadline September 15, 2009
New Heights Community Health Centres provides primary health care and health promotion programs to priority populations in North West Toronto. The Toronto Central LHIN has provided New Heights with funding to develop, implement and evaluate the Diabetes Prevention Project (DPP) for Seniors which will focus on the Latin American and Caribbean populations living in North West Toronto. We are seeking a Program Development Consultant with strong project management skills and diabetes knowledge to take a leadership role in the development and implementation of this project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- develop and implement operational work plan
- develop screening tools for the DPP team (outreach worker, dietitian and nurse) to use
- develop evaluation plan and tools
- participate in the recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of the DPP team
- work with partners to coordinate possible screening clinics and workshops
The successful candidate will have:
- an undergraduate degree in health and/or social services
- diabetes knowledge
- strong project management skills
- demonstrated leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- strong communications, facilitation and organizational skills
Please apply by email, in writing or by fax by September 15th to:
Hiring Committee – Program Development Consultant, Diabetes Prevention Project
New Heights Community Health Centres
12 Flemington Rd.
Toronto, ON M6A 2N4
Fax: (416) 787-3761
We encourage applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.