Deadline October 1, 2009
Duration of assignment: approximately twelve (12) months
Health Services – Communicable Diseases
The Communicable Disease Control section requires self-directed, enthusiastic individuals to work within the immunization team environment to deliver services in accordance with Vaccine Preventable Disease Standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing case consultation and case management services.
- Developing and delivering educational sessions to support the vaccine preventable diseases program.
- Providing information, education and referral related to communicable diseases, immunizations and sexually transmitted infections at the Communicable Disease Divisional Call Centre.
- Providing clinical nursing skills including immunizations as required.
- Investigating and reporting adverse events following immunization.
- Contributing to the development of health promotion support materials related to immunization.
To view additional information on the key responsibilities, job qualifications, compensation and the application process for this position, please visit us at http://www.peelregion.ca and click on Current Job Listings and the above-mentioned title.