November 12, 17, 27, 2009 & December 1, 10, 2009
Expand your health promotion toolkit for any health issue.
These introductory-level webinars cover the basics of THCU's recommended step model.
In each of our 75 minute lecture-style webinars,
- we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the "why" and "how" of each step,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life with examples,
- and to close, identify quality sources of more information, tools and describe THCU's customized consultation services.
In each of our 90 minute interactive application webinars,
- we begin with a brief review of the relevant step-model,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- orient participants to opportunities for further discussion on THCU's blog and further assistance through our consultation service.
Who these Workshops Are For
We recommend these sessions for:
- anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice,
- front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs and services, and
- managers or team leaders who train or advise staff or volunteers about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Note: Due to funding restrictions, registration priority will be given to health promoters currently working with Ontario-focused organizations. All others will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available. If you have a question about your eligibility for this workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 978-0522.
Topics and Dates
Nancy Dubois, Robb MacDonald, and/or Jodi Thesenvitz will be facilitating these webinars:
- Planning Health Promotion Programs at a Glance, Lecture Style Webinar, November 12, 9:30-10:45 a.m.
- Policy Development at a Glance, Lecture Style Webinar, November 12, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Planning Health Promotion Programs, Interactive Webinar with Application Exercises, November 17, 9:30-11:30 a.m. and November 27, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Policy Development, Interactive Webinar with Application Exercises, November 17, 1:30-3:30 p.m. and November 27, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Sustaining Health Promotion Programs, Interactive Webinar with Application Exercises, December 1, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Overview of Health Communication Campaigns at a Glance, Lecture-style webinar, December 10, 9:30-10:45 a.m.
For each lecture-style webinar, we will accept up to 100 participants. For each interactive application style webinar, we will accept up to 30 participants.
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer these workshops for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register for the workshops, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/registration.cfm. Don’t wait! Limited spaces are available.
Participants must be able to access Microsoft LiveMeeting software in advance of the webinar.