Deadline October 22, 2009
Full time Contract to March 2010
The “Pan-Canadian best practices to engage seldom-or never screened women in cancer screening” is a national research project. It seeks to identify and compile innovative programs and intervention at the grassroots level throughout the country as a whole. The aim is to share and increase knowledge-within and between provinces-on methods for improving screening rates in breast, cervical and colorectal cancers among marginalized women.
- Manage the Cancer Screening research project
- Liaison with community members, partners and advisors.
- Conduct focus groups, and engage organizations to participate in project.
- Establish project advisory committee and facilitate discussions to develop and refine the work plan.
- Work with researcher to produce effective interventions and strategies that have been employed across Canada to improve cancer screening.
- Manage budget, report to funder, media relations
- Graduate degree in applied health research discipline
- Minimum three years experience in community health research and project management
- Demonstrated experience in social research and implementing research protocols.
For more information visit our website: http://www.srchc.ca/downloads/JobPostingResearchCoordinatorOct.2009.pdf (link opens PDF file).
Deadline: Wednesday, October 22, 2009
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3