Deadline November 27, 2009
Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
The Health Promoter conducts and/or facilitates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs and activities both at CCHC and in the community. The incumbent is also responsible for liaising and collaborating with appropriate agencies in the Ottawa community, participating in City-wide initiatives and supporting appropriate policy change. All activities are executed within a Population Health Promotion framework that embodies the determinants of health.
- Bachelor degree in health promotion, nursing, social work, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as community health educator/health promoter.
- Specific knowledge related to work assignment.
- Experience facilitating groups and utilizing adult learning techniques.
- Ability to work well with marginalized groups.
- Knowledge of population health promotion model, and experience with a range of health promotion strategies (e.g. community organizing, advocacy for public policy).
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic e-mail and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and French, and written skills in English.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Verbal communication skills in Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Spanish
- Written skills in French
- Experience and skills in proposal writing
Start date: January 2010
Salary range: $25.045/hour to $30.175/hour
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest in English (up to 2 word processed pages) telling us why you would like to become a Health Promoter - Chronic Disease Prevention and how you meet the requirements of this position (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé by November 27, 2009, to:
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The job description is available upon request. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters