Deadline December 14, 2009
The Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors (OANHSS) is inviting proposals to present at our 2010 Annual Meeting and Convention. This event is an opportunity to share your expertise and experiences with senior staff from the long term care, seniors’ housing and community services sectors.
This year’s theme is Get Inspired!
Delegates attending the 2010 convention will be looking to:
- Be refreshed, rejuvenated and inspired
- Learn how to manage and embrace change.
- Receive the latest information on key issues and developments.
- Be provided with “tools” they can use.
- Learn from others and share best practices.
- Celebrate their successes.
Your presentation will be designed to set us on the road to achieving these goals. Your audience will include:
- Board members
- Senior managers
- Food services/dietary managers
- Program managers
- Housing managers
- Environmental services managers
- Financial managers
- Community service managers
- Nurse managers
- Business managers
We welcome and encourage all OANHSS members, as well as speakers in the academic community, consultants and others providing services in the seniors’ care, housing and community services sectors to share innovative and practical ideas and programs, research or other relevant content.
Concurrent sessions are 90 minutes in length and organized into the following four streams:
- Care and Services
- Integration and Collaboration
- Management and Operations
- Governance and Leadership
Submissions should incorporate adult learning techniques and interactive presentation methods.
Keep in mind that long term care refers to the full continuum – long term care homes, seniors’ housing and supportive housing and community-based services. It should be clear whether your presentation is intended for a specific sector or is broad enough to be applicable to the entire continuum.
Sessions are intended to educate and support learning and therefore should not sell or promote any specific products or services.
To express your interest in presenting, please complete a Call for Presentations online submission form ensuring that your submission:
- Clearly fits into one of the identified streams.
- Includes relevant, practical and replicable concepts for the long term care sector.
- Demonstrates that participants will take away ideas, tools and techniques they can use in the workplace.
- Clearly identifies three learning outcomes.
- Incorporates creative instructional methods (e.g. case studies, panel presentations, interactive discussion, plays, etc.).
The form is available at http://www.oanhss.org/Content/NavigationMenu/EducationResources/AGMConvention/CallforPresentation/default.htm. You may submit more than one proposal for consideration, either as an individual, co-presenter or as part of a panel.
OANHSS does not generally provide fees or honorariums for speakers or cover travel or other costs. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the Association.
Please complete the Call for Presentations online form by December 14, 2009.