Deadline December 3, 2009
Pathways to Education Canada is an organization created in 2006 to bring the innovative and highly successful Pathways to Education Program™ to urban communities with intractable drop out problems across the country. The Program in Regent Park (our flagship program) has achieved groundbreaking results by significantly reducing the high school drop out rate for hundreds of youth in its community.
Pathways Canada is now poising itself to transition from a small staff team piloting the “replication” of the Program in Ontario communities, similar to Regent Park, to working with communities across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Learning and Program Resources to oversee the development, coordination, implementation and revision of learning opportunities and program resources for communities preparing for, implementing and delivering the Pathways Program.
The Pathways to Education Program and Pathways to Education Canada are both grounded in principles of inclusiveness, community ownership, knowledge exchange, continuous improvement and accountability. The Manager of Learning and Program Resources must work from the same set of principles and act primarily as an enabler and facilitator rather than trainer and curriculum developer.
Key Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management;
- Graduate level, or equivalent experience, in adult education/popular education, community development, action research, human resources or other relevant education;
- Able to communicate in both English and French (spoken and written);
- Experience in staff/volunteer education/training and program resource development for the not for profit sector;
- Experience working in community-based settings;
- Experience with train-the-trainer models of training;
- Experience delivering on-line education;
- Familiarity with adult education techniques and principles;
- Approaches work from an equity based foundation;
- Approaches work from an action research framework;
- Strong communication skills;
- Creative, thinks outside the box;
- Adaptable, flexible;
- Strong organization skills;
- Able to translate vision into practical programming/support; and
- Strong listening skills.
Please send resumés with cover letters to email@example.com. Please do not contact us, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is Thursday, December 3, 2009, at 5:00 p.m.