Deadline December 15, 2009
Full Time Position
New Heights Community Health Centres serve Bathurst/ Finch and Lawrence / Heights Communities. As part of an interdisciplinary team, our staff provide a range of clinical and community health services and programs. We are seeking a Registered Nurse Extended Class, with strong communication and interpersonal skills for our Seniors’ Health Program. The Health Centre offers an excellent benefit plan and an opportunity to work to the full scope of clinical practice with a dynamic team --- Community Health Physician, R.N, RPN, Advanced Practice Nurse, CCAC Care Coordinator, Community Health Worker, Geriatrician , Psycho-Geriatrician and other community social service agencies.
Responsibilities include collaborative and comprehensive geriatric assessments and delivery of primary care services in the home to frail elderly clients in the New Heights’ community.
- College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (EC).
- One –two years nursing experience in primary care in community settings.
- Experience providing comprehensive geriatric assessments and primary care services in the home is an asset.
- Sound clinical judgment and strong health assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Sensitivity to the issues of addressing determinants of health in a diverse, urban, low-income community is an asset.
- Experience working with diverse communities is an asset.
- The ability to communicate in Spanish, East African, South and East Asian and, and or Eastern European languages an asset.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of electronic health records an asset.
Please apply by email, in writing or by fax by December 15th, 2009, to
Hiring Committee – Seniors Health Program, Aging At Home Program
New Heights Community Health Centres
12 Flemington Rd.
Toronto, ON M6A 2N4
Fax: (416) 787-3761
We encourage applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.