Deadline December 8, 2009
Full time, one year renewable contract
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition is the lead organization for a partnership of four provincial Healthy Community Networks that has been established to assess the impact of the Healthy Communities approach on chronic disease prevention across Canada, through research, policy and practice initiatives. The Project Manager will manage the development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the project.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Term: Full time employment; one year contract with potential for renewal
Closing date: 5:00 p.m. EST, December 8, 2009
Salary Range: $28-$33/per hour, depending on qualifications, plus extended health benefits
Location: 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1810, Toronto M5B 1J3
Anticipated Start Date: January 4, 2010
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition is the lead organization for a partnership of four provincial Healthy Community Networks that has been established to assess the impact of the Healthy Communities approach on chronic disease prevention through research, policy and practice initiatives. The project is funded until March 2012 and requires the hiring of a Project Manager, 4 Provincial Coordinators and additional consultants to assist with research, evaluation, policy and communications. Advisory teams will be established to guide the research, policy and practice activities and community organizations and volunteers will be involved in project activities.
Working closely with the Project Steering Committee, the Project Manager will manage the development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the project to assess the impact of the Healthy Communities approach on chronic disease prevention.
- Provide leadership to ensure effective project development, implementation and coordination;
- Coordinate, support and participate in Project Teams;
- Collect information about Healthy Community initiatives that address CDP through research, policy or practice within Canadian provinces and territories not represented by the project partners;
- Disseminate information about the project, Healthy Communities activities within Canada, and useful tools and resource materials to communities, partners and national organizations and networks that would benefit from knowledge translation and exchange;
- Develop and deliver presentations and papers based on the project to appropriate organizations, conferences, newsletters, journals and key stakeholders;
- Oversee the development and implementation of tracking systems to support reporting and evaluation.
- Ability to work in French and English.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience working in a community setting
- Skills, knowledge and experience in community development and in research and evaluation processes within a community setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet programs.
- Knowledge of the Healthy Communities process and movement.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume, preferably by email to email@example.com or by fax to (416) 408-4843, or by mail, marked “Confidential” to:
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1810
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3
OHCC is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we can only respond to those applicants that are selected for an interview. OHCC accepts no responsibility for any application materials that are lost due to mechanical or electronic failures.