December 18, 2009
Our Mission: The AOHC provides leadership for the promotion of Community Health Centres, Aboriginal Health Access Centres and other non-profit community-governed multidisciplinary primary health care organizations.
Our Vision: All Ontarians have access to non-profit community-governed multidisciplinary primary health care.
The AOHC is seeking a Trainer/Facilitator to implement a one-year training strategy to community governed boards of directors as well as supporting additional training initiatives. This is a one year contract with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Manager of Training, the ideal candidate for this position must possess demonstrated facilitation, presentation, organizational, communication, and knowledge transfer skills. The candidate must also possess the ability to work collaboratively with a highly dynamic and diverse team through an anti-oppression and culturally competent lens.
- The development and implementation of the Second Stage of Medicare/CHC Model of Care training strategy for 74 CHCs across the province
- Additional training/facilitation initiatives as required
- Prepare/update courses, curricula and teaching materials as needed
- Research and accumulate information on subject matter being taught as necessary
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports (attendance levels, no shows, attendee profile, evaluations, etc.)
- Support the communications and marketing strategy for courses offered
- Support relevant training meetings, working group meetings, prepare appropriate documentation and follow up on minutes
- Ensure all work under the incumbents control is carried out in a safe and healthy manner in keeping with AOHC obligations under Ontario Government employment and safety legislation
- Perform other related duties within his/her capability as assigned from time to time by Manager of Training.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (Health Promotion, Community Development, Adult Education, etc) or a combination of an undergraduate degree and 2 years work experience
- Minimum three years experience in training and facilitation
- Experience and working knowledge of Community Health Centres
- Experience and working knowledge of board governance
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong communication, media and advocacy skills
- High level of proficiency with computer applications, technology and database management
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently and reliably with minimum supervision
- Passion and understanding of the Second Stage of Medicare and a commitment to social justice
- Strong understanding of health promotion, illness prevention, and adult education principles
- Commitment and understanding of anti-oppression and culturally competent practices
- Bilingualism (French) an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Compensation Type: $50,000-$57,480 based on experience.
Application deadline: December 18, 2009
If you are interested in this position, please forward cover letter and resume to: Sandra Wong, email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
AOHC is an Equity Employer and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, individuals from racialised and minoritised groups (e.g. diverse ethno-racial and francophone communities and people of all sexual orientations and genders) and persons with disability.