March 2, 2010
North York Memorial Hall
“Alcohol Policy: Time to Act! Current Research, Policy, and Practical Applications to address Alcohol-Related Harm”
Key note address by Dr. Thomas Babor, University of Connecticut School of Medicine and lead author and principle investigator of the landmark book “Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity – Research and Public Policy.”
Enjoy other speakers including:
- Dr. Norman Giesbrecht, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Mr. Andy Murie, CEO of MADD Canada
- Ms. Denise DePape, Director of Alcohol Harm Reduction in British Columbia’s Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport
- Ms. Nancy Langdon, Chair of the OPHA Alcohol Workgroup and Program Development Officer with Ottawa Public Health
- Representatives from Niagara Regional Public Health and Toronto Public Health
This event is brought to you by the Alcohol Policy Network at the Ontario Public Health Association and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in partnership with Toronto Public Health, York Regional Public Health, and Ottawa Public Health. Support also provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion.
Please save the date! Registration will open in early December! Stay tuned at http://www.apolnet.ca for updates!
Please note: The Ontario Injury Prevention Resource Centre (OIPRC) will hold their first Injury Prevention forum on Wednesday, March 3, 2010. This forum will also be held at North York Memorial Hall. For more information regarding OIPRC’s forum please visit them at: http://www.oninjuryresources.ca.