Deadline December 9, 2009
Reports to: Strategic Advisor; Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Location: 480 University Ave, Toronto
Posting Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2009
The Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (OAHPP) is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
OAHPP provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit http://www.oahpp.ca.
Reporting to the Strategic Advisor, the position is responsible for:
- Coordinating and organizing Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Training and Technical Assistance centres and working closely with the health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention team’s Senior Planner to undertake strategic and operational planning; working with technology team to build integrated business delivery solutions and systems to support the new processes; developing process and products to coordinate and report on activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Coordinator, will:
- Develop and administer transfer payment contracts to recipient organizations
- Provide logistical coordination and support to assist Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention staff to coordinate and convene the Training and Technical Assistance Centres in regular meetings
- Assist team members to undertake strategic planning in order to realign the centre’s respective mandates to the OAHPP strategic plan and emerging Ministry of Health Promotion priorities.
- Work with OAHPP IT to develop Sharepoint infrastructure to support data and information archiving and sharing, as well as supports for reporting on performance measures, and indicators
- Develop consistent reporting templates and roll-up recipient organization statistical reports on a regular basis
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate results and prepare reports and other materials suitable for review
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships within the Agency and their health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention networks and partners
- Coordinate logistics and support for the Strategic Advisor
- Contribute to Agency corporate business and operational planning processes
- Represent the Agency and promote its mandate and strategic initiatives through active participation on relevant OAHPP committees, and other activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Working in the provincial office located at 480 University Avenue
- General office environment, mostly sitting, limited physical activity required
- PC use is approximately 80% of time
- Provincial travel required less than 10% of time
- Undergraduate degree in public health or related discipline
- 3-5 years management experience at a provincial agency and/or ministry related to Agency core content areas: health promotion and the primary prevention of chronic diseases and injury
- Customer Service orientation, proven diplomacy skills and tact, with proven experience in communicating with a variety of stakeholders including Ministry staff, training and technical assistance managers, consultants
- Excellent organizational skills for meeting planning and logistical support
- Superior oral and written communication
- Experience coordinating consultants, transfer payment agencies and professional staff
- Contract and budget coordination and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated computer and data management skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project 2003) and familiarity with SharePoint
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications and competencies.
Apply to: You may e-mail your resume referencing ProgC-01 to email@example.com.
For more information about OAHPP visit our website at http://www.oahpp.ca.