Deadline December 7, 2009
Reports to: Director, Professional Development and Education
Location: 480 University Ave, Toronto
Posting Date: Monday, November 23, 2009
Closing Date: Monday, December 7, 2009
The Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (OAHPP) is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
OAHPP provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
The Education Coordinator will be an integral member of the Knowledge Exchange and Communication team, reporting to the Director, Professional Development and Education. Responsibility will include ongoing training, tool development and educational support to build the capacity of our public health partners. This will include development of best practice documents, decision support tools and a web portal. Evidence of your experience in program planning and evaluation in developing core curriculum will be an asset. Additionally, you have demonstrated the ability to implement education programs and training approaches leveraging technology.
- Plan and set goals and objectives for Professional Development activities in consultation with the Director, Professional Development and Education. This responsibility includes determining the services needed, the most effective way to provide them, and the resources necessary to support them. Assist in the planning for the Sheela Basrur Centre, annual public health symposium, visiting lectureship, and visitorship program. Promote and market the international student travel bursary.
- Keep abreast of all professional development scientific research to ensure we are using an evidenced informed approach related to professional development and education.
- Through needs assessment, create and develop tools and processes to aid in the delivery of our programming.
- Provide support for program planning and evaluation
- Building student capacity in all areas, supporting the next generation of public health professionals.
- Responsible for content management of the professional development section of OAHPP web site.
- Source out new programming and content. Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and ensure we are aligned with OAHPP strategic goals.
- Create a calendar of events, programming, continuing education and distance learning (both OAHPPs and others).
- Develop a marketing strategy for dissemination to our Public Health stakeholders.
- Seek out unique program delivery styles to ensure we are offering the breadth and depth of learning opportunities.
Reporting Relationship & Span of Control:
- This position reports to the Director, Professional Development and Education
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree highly preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered where applicable.
- Must have extensive expertise in developing curricula for adult learners and be knowledgeable about continuing education and professional development.
- Solid technology skills with Microsoft Office, database management, web content authoring, online learning, and experience are required.
- Knowledge of required professional education for public health professionals and experience in developing curricula in continuing medical education (CME) accreditation process is an asset
- The position requires excellent judgment, strong oral and written communication abilities, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to conceptualize easily, learn quickly and independently exercise good judgment and demonstrate initiative
- Strong organizational skills to manage workload with competing priorities in tight timeframes
- This position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in adult learning curriculum development or program development, preferably in public health profession or association.
- Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications and competencies.
Apply to: you may email your resume referencing EduC-01 to email@example.com.
For more information about the Agency visit our website at http://www.oahpp.ca.