The Healthy Communities Consortium, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, offers capacity building services to organizations and groups that are eligible and interested in applying for a grant from the local/regional stream of the Healthy Communities Fund.
The Healthy Communities Consortium is a collaboration of five organizations that together have more than 25 years experience in health promotion.
- FOCUS Resource Centre, http://www.frcentre.net/index.cfm
- Health Promotion Hub, Health Nexus, http://www.healthnexus.ca/
- Heart Health Resource Centre, http://www.hhrc.net/home.cfm
- Healthy Communities Support Services, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition, http://www.ohcc-ccso.ca/en/healthy-communities-support-services#suport
- Ontario Drug Awareness Partnership, http://www.odap.org/Default.aspx
The Consortium offers services on a wide range of topics to those who are interested in participating in the Healthy Communities Ontario Approach or those who have been funded through the Healthy Communities Fund.
The types of services offered by the Consortium include:
- Onsite consultation and facilitation services;
- Consultation and coaching support via e-mail or telephone;
- Workshops, professional development and networking opportunities via regional and provincial events and webinars; and
- Referrals to effectively connect organizations with other sources of services and supports.
If you are interested in receiving a service from the Healthy Communities Consortium, please complete our online service request form at http://www.ohcc-ccso.ca/en/consortium-service-request-form.
For more information about the Consortium, contact us:
For more information on the Healthy Communities Ontario approach and the Healthy Communities Fund visit the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion online at http://www.mhp.gov.on.ca/english/healthy_communities/default.asp.