Deadline January 8, 2010
The Healthy Communities Consortium, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, offers capacity building services to organizations and groups that are eligible and interested in applying for a grant from the local/regional stream of the Healthy Communities Fund.
A new round of the Healthy Communities Fund grant applications process is expected to be announced in early 2010. Projects funded in the last round involved two or more organizations committed to working in partnership and addressed 2 or more of the following priority risk areas:
- Physical Activity, Sport & Recreation
- Healthy Eating
- Tobacco Use/ Exposure
- Injury Prevention
- Mental Health
- Substance and Alcohol Misuse
The Healthy Communities Consortium is a collaboration of five organizations that together have more than 25 years experience in health promotion.
- FOCUS Resource Centre
- Health Promotion Hub, Health Nexus
- Heart Health Resource Centre
- Healthy Communities Support Services, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
- Ontario Drug Awareness Partnership
The type of services offered by the Consortium include:
- Onsite consultation and facilitation services;
- Consultation and coaching support via e-mail or telephone;
- Workshops, professional development and networking opportunities via regional and provincial events and webinars; and
- Referrals to effectively connect organizations with other sources of services and supports.
The Consortium would like your help to plan their services to respond effectively to the needs of organizations and groups that are interested in participating in the Healthy Communities Ontario approach. If you belong to an organization or group that may be eligible and interested in applying to the Healthy Communities Fund, please take 15 minutes of your time to respond to the survey. Your responses will be confidential and reported anonymously. Copies of the report will be available on request by contacting email@example.com.
Please click http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2D1j2_2bYlu_2bXoxp7dtp2gbw_3d_3d to open the survey.
Please complete this survey by January 8, 2009.
For more information about the Consortium:
If you have any questions about the questionnaire, please contact Lorna Heidenheim, Executive Director, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (416) 408-4841 or 1-800-766-3418, ext. 4.