Deadline December 31, 2009
The Centre de santé communautaire CHIGAMIK Community Health Centre Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful applicant will be responsible to administer all aspects of the CSC CHIGAMIK CHC and ensure the delivery of health services by interpreting and implementing Board policies and programs and by fostering a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Ensures that the philosophy and general principles and service and education objectives are being met in day-to-day operation.
- Ensures an optimum level and quality of service delivery by developing and implementing a short and long range strategic plan for the Centre in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Develops and manages the financial resources of the Centre by overseeing expenditures, benefits administration and the approved budget.
- Ensures adequate level of competent staff.
- Facilitates Board decision-making by providing relevant information.
- Ensures that the development of new programs is consistent with community needs.
- Contributes to the knowledge base of the Ministry of Health and the North Simcoe Muskoka ocal Health Integration Network through consultations, responses to requests and act as a key contact with the Ministry and the North Simcoe Local Health Integration Network
- Develops and implements a communications/public relations strategy.
- Ensures that the confidentiality of all health information by maintaining a comprehensive system of records.
- Provides overall leadership to the organization and staff.
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive of the communities that the Centre serves (francophone and aboriginal).
- Sound knowledge and application of human resource management and accounting policies and principles.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with other community-based organizations, a board of directors and government agencies.
- Experience in successful budget negotiation and management, program administration and financial development.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in program development, delivery and evaluation.
- Five years progressive management in community or social services.
- Degree in business, public health administration or human services, or a combination of an undergraduate degree with significant management experience.
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector screening.
Fluency in both official languages is a requirement for this position.
Please forward a cover letter and resumé by December 31, 2009 to:
Ernest Matton, Chair- HR Committee
CSC CHIGAMIK CHC
PO Box 305
Midland, ON L4R 4L1
Grace Parker, President
The Centre de santé communautaire CHIGAMIK Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.