Deadline January 4, 2010
Job Posting: 25-09
Our Kids Network is a multi sector collaborative that is guided by its protocol partners and is committed to the healthy development and well being of children youth and families. The members of the Network are committed to working together to address the vision and mission: “All Children Thrive” and “To promote the healthy development, security and safety of all children, youth and families through neighborhood collaboration, service integration and measuring results.
Position: Director of Our Kids Network
Contract position for a minimum of one year
Reporting To: Secretariat on operations
- Educational preparation at the Masters level
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership/senior management role and a proven track record of successful performance; leadership development, staff supervision, strategic planning, evaluation and budget development
- History of having lead organizational growth and change, facilitating higher level mission achievement
- Experience working with non-profit community development organizations and networks.
- Familiarity and knowledge of key issues surrounding project management and service integration
- Leads, the Our Kids Network (OKN) in accordance with the vision, mission, Results Based Accountability Framework and Halton Report Card (Halton 7).
- Fulfills the commitments and carries out the strategies and goals of OKN.
- Provides support to the Senior Executive Group and the Children’s Integrated Planning Council
- Represents OKN, supervises and manages the OKN staff.
- Demonstrated skills with fiscal management
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating a positive climate of stewardship for engaging committed community partnerships and resources
- Record of success with community development projects
- Previous experience working with standardized systems to organize and track information and quality control measures
- Evidence informed decision making practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Highly motivated, multi-tasked, and strong team builder
- Developed facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity and knowledge of key issues surrounding the challenges in developinghealthy children and youth
- Ability to set priorities and use time effectively
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and a vehicle available for work purposes.
Salary Range: Senior Management Level
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: Our Kids Network Recruitment Committee by January 4, 2010 at 4:30 p.m. at email@example.com.
We thank you for your application and interest in Our kids Network; however, only candidates selected for an interview will receive formal acknowledgement. All interviewed candidates will be asked to provide a minimum of two supervisory references at the time of the interview.