Deadline January 22, 2010
The Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (WWLHIN) is currently searching for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast paced environment, to cover a 1 year maternity leave position.
Reports to: Senior Director, System Design and Transformation
Responsible for providing technical planning expertise in the analysis of data and information that assists in determining the local health-care system plans and priorities. Conducts planning initiatives and makes recommendations on projects.
- strong written/verbal communication skills
- problem solving
- time management
- team player
- customer focus/service
- interpersonal skills
- business application software skills
- computer literacy
As the main point of contact for planning activities in the WWLHIN, the Planner will be expected to work with the LHIN staff to:
- Perform high-quality planning, research and analysis of provincial data, community input and other sources in order to identify gaps and provide input to system design work.
- Participate in stakeholder consultations and provides analysis of information and data necessary to foster effective discussion.
- Stay abreast of best practices and methodologies in health-care planning in order to identify and recommend best planning approach.
- Research, analyze and interpret statistics, demographics, and other information to inform demand forecasting, planning and decision-making.
- Perform situational analysis/environmental scans and develops narrative reports as required.
- Develop and use appropriate evaluation and data gathering methodologies in support of health system design work.
- Assist with the analysis and planning of the WWLHIN portion of the Capital Planning process including assessment of service and/or functional plans to confirm alignment with Integrated Health Service Plan and Annual Business Plan priorities.
- Lead projects related to the above and supports other WWLHIN activities and projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree (Masters level preferred) in related discipline.
- Previous experience in carrying out technical research, analysis and planning initiatives, preferably in the health-care sector.
- Good knowledge of and proven ability to apply multiple planning and analysis of methodologies and make effective recommendations.
- Understanding of the Ontario health-care system and issues.
- Excellent written communications skills to prepare clear reports and analyses of data which will support effective decision-making and priority-setting.
- Excellent oral communications skills to explain complex technical information to superiors, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of the LHIN community
- Experience with GIS mapping tools, NACRS, DAD and PHPDB and/or Intellihealth preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and identify gaps.
For more information and submission information, please visit our website at http://www.wwlhin.on.ca.