No deadline noted
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is a national body providing Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial health care decision-makers with credible, impartial advice and evidence-based information about the effectiveness and efficiency of drugs and other health technologies.
CADTH is seeking an Evaluations Advisor to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services the Evaluations Advisor will lead the development of a strategic plan for evaluation which includes defining, measuring, and assessing the outcomes for CADTH’s strategic objectives. This position is also responsible for monitoring and evaluating CADTH’s performance and measuring/assessing the overall impact to our stakeholders.
- Developing strategies, methods and tools to monitor and evaluate organizational performance
- Leading the implementation of the strategies to ensure a systematic and thoughtful approach in assessing the impact of CADTH’s work. This includes:
- working with executives, the management team, internal staff, evaluation experts, researchers and decision makers in the health system
- defining evaluation priorities and establishing measurable and meaningful targets and performance indicators
- designing and conducting surveys, interviews, developing methods to collect data, analyzing the results, and ensuring findings are reliable and valid
- assessing how impact can be measured
- implementing a process to monitor progress on the evaluation strategic plan
- analyzing performance results and providing consultative advice and collaborating with executives and management to define business improvement initiatives
- Managing and updating the overall evaluation framework for assessing impact for each of the strategic objectives to ensure strategic alignment
- Building internal evaluation capacity and conducting periodic evaluations to assess and report the status of program and organizational performance
- Managing the 5-year CADTH Evaluation and preparing other evaluation reports.
- Developing and maintaining expertise on evaluation approaches and leading the continuous education and quality improvement of impact and evaluation at CADTH
- Managing and maintaining the existing performance management database and implementing any required updates
Requirements include a university degree in business administration or health administration or social science plus at least 5 years of relevant experience working in evaluation or social research. Other requirements include:
- Knowledge of strategic planning frameworks and business planning principles
- Knowledge/experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods of analysis
- Exceptional organizational, project management and strategic planning capabilities
- Experience designing and implementing impact and process level program evaluation
- Commitment to high quality work along with strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Leadership qualities to inspire/motivate others and to direct the establishment of meaningful performance measures
- Excellent communication (written, oral, presentation), report writing, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Expertise in evaluation using large databases and experience with MS Office in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fluency in French is not a job requirement but would be considered an asset.
For more information on this opportunity, visit ‘Careers’ at http://www.cadth.ca and apply directly on-line.