Deadline February 26, 2010
Position Type: Part- time, contract
Start date: March 2010
Job Region: Flemingdon Park
End date: May 2010
Flemingdon Neighbourhood Services (FNS) is a multi-service agency serving residents of Flemingdon Park in the areas of Settlement, Housing, Women’s Support and Youth development.
- Connect with program participants to create an inclusive environment
- Preparation of equipment, including set up and clean up
- Conduct other tasks as required
- Maintain safety & positive behavior and act as positive role model/mentor to program participants
- Knowledge of and teaching experience in both standard photography and digital technology.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate groups
- Team oriented
- Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and an understanding of the needs of students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from participants
- Ability to integrate computer applications into teaching.
- A demonstrated ability to connect well with youth
- Excellent interpersonal and relationships skills with an ability and desire to contribute to program development
- Result oriented with strong leadership qualities
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to work as the facilitator of our Digital Photography program from February 2010- May 2010. The position includes the planning and delivering of the program to students after school. Program focus will be on providing knowledge and experience to youth around the use of the digital camera through lessons and activities. The Facilitator will also be responsible for creating an end of session display of the projects done throughout the program. The facilitator will develop program content with the help of the youth worker within a short time frame.
Job Contact Information
Christiana Luka, Youth Worker
Flemingdon Neighbourhood Services
104-10 Gateway Blvd. (Enter from side-door facing car wash)
Toronto, ON M3C 3A1
Tel: 416-424-2900 X30
Funding for this initiative provided by The Toronto Arts Council.