Deadline February 1, 2010
Regular Part Time
(Approximately 18 hours per week)
The Durham Region Diabetes Network (DRDN) is a community‐based initiative of the Ministry of Health and Long‐Term Care, bringing together a regional network of partners to serve the growing needs of Durham Region's evolving communities.
The Durham Region Diabetes Network is currently searching for a qualified Registered Social Worker to play an integral role, in collaboration with DRDN partners, in planning, implementing, marketing, evaluating and delivering an education support strategy for those living with diabetes in the community.
- Act as a resource to diabetes educators in Durham Region to provide assistance in addressing complex client needs;
- Work with the Durham Region Diabetes Coordinator and community partners to establish and monitor processes to improve client care;
- Take a lead role in establishing and developing a working group focused on addressing issues related to diabetes and mental health.
This position will be of interest to an individual who:
- Has current Registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers;
- Has highly developed communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills;
- Has effective interpersonal and teamwork skills to function within a multi‐disciplinary environment;
- Demonstrates the ability to organize workload and priorities effectively;
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Has demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates sensitivity and awareness of cultural, racial, economic, and socially diverse communities;
- Has an interest in integrating social work principles within a multidisciplinary approach to healthcare and diabetes management;
- Is willing to take initiative and serve as a leader for system change when needed;
- Is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or willingness to obtain certification;
- Is willing to work in non‐clinical settings and willing to travel throughout Durham Region;
- MSW preferred;
- Has the ability to work flexible hours.
If you have the qualifications for the position, please forward your resume, by February 1, 2010 to:
Durham Region Diabetes Network
47 Liberty Street South
Bowmanville, ON L1C 2N4
or email firstname.lastname@example.org