Deadline February 1, 2010
Regular Full Time
The Durham Region Diabetes Network (DRDN) is a community‐based initiative of the Ministry of Health and Long‐Term Care, bringing together a regional network of partners to serve the growing needs of Durham Region's evolving communities.
The Durham Region Diabetes Network is currently searching for a qualified Registered Nurse Diabetes Educator to play an integral role, in collaboration with DRDN partners, in planning, implementing, marketing, evaluating and delivering an education strategy in the prevention and management of diabetes in the community.
- Employ appropriate teaching methods and education principles to assist clients in gaining knowledge, skills and confidence in self management of diabetes;
- Participate in program planning and resource development;
- Engage in health promotion activities on and off site;
- Collaborate with other service providers;
- Act as a resource person to other staff members and community partners
This position will be of interest to an individual who:
- Has demonstrated experienced as a Registered Nurse‐Diabetes Educator.
- Has current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Is a certified Diabetes Educator or be willing to work towards certification over the next several years;
- Has demonstrated knowledge of clinical guidelines appropriate for clients living with diabetes with the ability to recommend treatment protocols;
- Has proven knowledge of adult learning principles and facilitation skills;
- Has effective interpersonal and teamwork skills to function within a multi‐disciplinary environment;
- Has demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Possesses significant experience (2‐5 years) in community‐based practice;
- Demonstrates sensitivity and awareness of cultural, racial, economic, and socially diverse communities;
- Is willing to work flexible hours in order to meet program needs;
- Is willing to work in non‐clinical settings and willing to travel throughout Durham Region;
- BScN, preferred.
If you have the qualifications for this position, please forward your resume, by February 1, 2010, to:
Durham Region Diabetes Network
47 Liberty Street South
Bowmanville, ON L1C 2N4
or email email@example.com