March 2, 2010
North York Memorial Hall
K eynote speaker: Dr. Thomas Babor, University of Connecticut School of Medicine and lead author and principle investigator of the landmark book Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity – Research and Public Policy
Some of our other confirmed speakers include:
- Denise DePape, Director, Alcohol Harm Reduction, BC Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport
- Nancy Langdon, Program Development Officer, Ottawa Public Health
- Andrew Murie, CEO, MADD Canada
- Dr. Norman Giesbrecht, Senior Scientist, CAMH
- Penny Nelligan, Director, Standards, Programs & Community Development for the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion
- Susan Shepherd, Manager, Toronto Drug Strategy Secretariat, Toronto Public Health
- Victoria van Gilst, Health Promoter, Substance Misuse Prevention, Niagara Region Public Health
The cost for this event is $86.00.
Registration for the 7th Annual is now online at https://register.beanstream.com/scripts/registration.asp?form=482 and hotel information and a finalized schedule are available on our website at http://www.apolnet.ca.
This event is brought to you by the Alcohol Policy Network at the Ontario Public Health Association and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in partnership with Toronto Public Health, York Regional Public Health, Ottawa Public Health, and the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion.
For more information, contact Jennifer Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Ontario Injury Prevention Resource Centre (OIPRC) will hold their 1st Annual Injury Prevention Forum on Seniors Falls Prevention on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010. This forum will also be held at North York Memorial Hall. We are offering a discounted price of $130.00 for those who plan to attend both events.