March 23, 2010
8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Metropolitan Hotel Toronto - 108 Chestnut Street
This full-day workshop will focus on many key skills you will need in order to actively contribute to local planning within the Healthy Communities Ontario (HCO) approach. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn from the experience of experts and colleagues and work with community assessment tools.
After participating in this workshop, you can expect to be able to:
- Identify and describe the key elements and principles of community planning.
- Differentiate between community development and community planning and describe where the HCO approach fits within the context of community planning.
- Use various networking processes to identify current stakeholder relationships and identify potentially valuable new partners.
- Describe the purpose of a variety of data collection tools and how they can be used to inform local community assessments.
Featured speakers include
- Peter Clutterbuck, Social Planning Network of Ontario
- Lorna Heidenheim, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
- Heather Keam, Health Action, Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
- Anne Ostrom, Take Heart Thunder Bay
- Suzanne Schwenger, The Health Promotion Hub
- Krissa Fay, Toronto Central LHIN
- Alanna Leffley, Grey Bruce Health Unit
Registration fee: $60.00 (includes refreshments and lunch)
This workshop is being subsidized by the Heart Health Resource Centre. To access the online registration information go to http://www.hhrc.net/regform/regform_mar_2010.cfm.
Registration deadline: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Advance payment is required. If you need an invoice for any of these charges, please contact Angella Kalloo at (416) 367-3313 ext. 232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipts will be provided onsite.
Please make cheque payable to: Ontario Public Health Association–HHRC, Angella Kalloo, HHRC, OPHA, 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310, Toronto, ON, M6A 3B4.
To access the online credit card payment registrations go to https://register.beanstream.com/scripts/registration.asp?form=692.