February 22, 2010
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
CAMH Russell Street Site, Room 2029, 33 Russell Street
Video Conferencing available via OTN
- Does drug policy matter?
- What has been the effect of prohibition?
- Do prevention programs have any impact at all?
- What about prescription drugs?
Join CAMH for the Canadian launch of Drug Policy and the Public Good, a comprehensive new book and resource for evidence-based drug policy written by a group of leading international experts that examines these and many other key questions related to drug policy. Three of the book's authors and notable Canadian commentators will present and discuss the book's findings and the role of scientific knowledge for drug policy locally, nationally and internationally.
Moderator: Gail Czukar - Executive Vice President, Policy, Education and Health Promotion, CAMH
- Dr. Thomas Babor - Professor, Department of Community Medicine and Health Care, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Dr. Benedikt Fischer - Professor and CIHR/PHAC Chair in Applied Public Health, Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addictions (CARMHA), Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Jürgen Rehm - Senior Scientist and Co-Head, Public Health and Regulatory Policies, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and Professor and Chair, Addiction Policy, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Liz Janzen - Director for Healthy Living, Healthy Communities, Toronto Public Health
- Dr. Perry Kendall - Provincial Health Officer, British Columbia
Please register by emailing Janine Luce, Manager of Public Policy, CAMH at Janine_luce@camh.net by Thursday, February 18, 2010.
For more information, visit http://action.web.ca/home/camh/events.shtml?AA_EX_Session=7e6846935b047b....