March 24, 2010
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
215 Spadina Avenue, Alterna Room, 4th Floor
Are you looking for the best system that will track, measure, explain your greening efforts and show that you walk the talk? This session is designed to help you create your own Environmental Management System conforming to ISO 14001(the Canadian and International standard).
In this one-day hands-on intensive workshop you will develop an environmental management tool that will enable any size or type of organization to:
- Identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products or services.
- Improve its environmental performance continually.
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets, to achieving these and to demonstrating that they have been achieved.
- Self-declare as conforming to ISO 14001 and qualify to use the “ISO 14001 Self- Declared” logo.
By the end of the day you will have a working Environmental Management System (EMS) and company policy for your nonprofit. You will create a business solution that will save you money and help save the environment at the same time.
The workshop is designed for:
- nonprofit leaders
- staff assigned to address environmental management
- social entrepreneurs
This workshop is lead by Shirley Segev, MBA, a Green Business Coach, who implements environmental management systems conforming to ISO 14001. Prior to focusing on environmental management as a consultant, Shirley worked for 20 years in consumer packaged goods marketing, specializing in innovation.
Registration is limited to 10 participants. Registration cost is $350. For more information on the session or to register, please visit http://www.sustainabilitynetwork.ca.