Deadline March 12, 2010
Division: Research & Education
Supports the missions of KFL&A Public Health, Research and Education Division and Queen’s University by engaging in programs of teaching and research. Also promotes and supports a critical, scientific approach to program planning and evaluation within KFL&A Public Health. The Research Associate may concentrate on one area of responsibility and participates in the overall planning and decision-making of the Research and Education Division.
- Master’s Degree or higher in a field related to human health
- Formal training in quantitative research methods applicable to public health
- Formal training in program evaluation
- Program evaluation experience, where applicable.
- Three years related research experience, preferably in a public health environment.
- Demonstrated competence in program development, program evaluation and/or research and teaching.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of statistical analysis and software packages.
- Excellent leadership, consultation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a collaborative team framework
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills for complex problems
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with word processing, data base, spreadsheet, presentation and electronic mail software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and critically review research literature and evidence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate research findings in a manner that is understandable to non-researchers.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and edit written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
If you are interested in one of these exciting opportunities, please apply in writing by March 12, 2010, to: Human Resources, KFLA Public Health: [email protected]. Please indicate which opportunity you are interested in being considered for.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.