May 13, 2010
Scarborough Civic Centre
Community Resource Connections of Toronto (CRCT), in partnership with Family Outreach & Response Program, Rouge Valley Health System, Second Base Youth Shelter Scarborough, & Children's Aid Society of Toronto, is organizing a half day forum in Scarborough focusing on Early Intervention in Psychosis for Scarborough's youth, mental health and non-mental health providers, family members and educators.
The overall goal of the forum is to:
- To increase awareness of early intervention services and supports for Scarborough's youth, their families and those who interact with them,
- To promote early detection and increase understanding of psychosis,
- To outreach to isolated youth and families.
Topics of the forum include:
- What is psychosis?
- What to do when someone you know is having a mental health crisis?
- Resources and information about mental health services in Scarborough for youth, families, community workers, and educators.
The forum will be in English, Hindi, and Tamil.
To register, please contact Eric at email@example.com or (416) 482-4103 x 392.