Deadline June 10, 2010
Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion, and under the guidance of the Public Health Dental Consultant, and working within a vibrant team environment, the Manager of the Dental Program fosters development of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and innovations which support the excellence in the delivery of public health dental programs. The Manager of the Dental Program assists and participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all Windsor-Essex Health Unit Dental/Oral Health Programs, as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008), under Child Health. The Manager of the Dental Department uses the relevant OBSP protocols to manage and operate the current oral health programs and potential Low Income Dental program.
- Strategic and complete operational management of oral health programs,
- Representation of the Health Unit in the community regarding oral health programs,
- Participation on internal committees.
- A degree in Health Sciences and five years of work experience in a clinical dental setting,
- Registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario,
- Knowledge of public health programs and services and information ystems, previous management experience, and a master’s degree in a related field are recommended.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward a résumé in confidence by June 10, 2010, to:
Nancy Smith, Human Resource Manager
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, Ontario, N9A 4J8
Fax at (519) 258-6003
Interested candidates with questions can contact Liz Haugh, Director of Health Promotion at email@example.com.