Deadline: June 16, 2010
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
HEALTH PROTECTION DIVISION
Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department
Public Health Dietitians
(Grid Level 901-950) CUPE Local 543.3
Full-time and Contract
Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, the Public Health Dietitian will be involved in the planning, implementation, and support of nutrition-related health promotion programs and activities as they pertain to the delivery of Chronic Disease Prevention programs and requirements as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008). The position involves working inter-departmentally as well as with human service professionals, workplace health contacts, community groups, and coalitions.
• Organize/assist in the development of health promotion projects/events
• Provide support to coalitions and committees as appropriate
• Identify, review, revise and/or develop resources as required
• Collect and record statistical data as required
• Provide consultation and in-service to Health Unit staff as required
• Participate on and provide support to various Health Unit workgroups and committees
• Provide consultation to service providers, workplace personnel, health professionals, and other relevant partners
• Work with media as required
• Write articles and columns for newspaper, newsletters and other relevant publications
• Provide telephone or drop-in consultation to members of the public
• Provide presentations to service providers, multiplier groups, and other groups as required
• Perform other related activities as required.
• Evening and weekend work may be required
• Responsibilities require work throughout Windsor and Essex County and Ontario
• Must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policies and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
The position requires:
• A minimum of one year experience working in a health promotion or community health field
• A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle is required
• A working knowledge of behavior change theory, health promotion strategies, and population health
• A current Certificate of Registration from the College of Dietitians is required
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills are required
• Proficiency in computer skills, including E-mail and Internet use
• A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant’s cost.
• Ability to communicate in French.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resumé and cover letter by June 16, 2010, to Nancy Smith, Manager of Human Resources, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit, 1005 Ouellette Ave., Windsor, ON N9A 4J8.
Fax: (519) 258-6003, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.