Thunder Bay, Ontario
Deadline: June 18, 2010
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit is seeking a full time permanent Program Evaluator. The Program Evaluator refines evaluation questions, develops and implements evaluation plans, and disseminates results to promote the effectiveness and efficiency of Health Unit programs and services. The Program Evaluator also serves as a consultant to staff on evaluation questions.
* Masters Degree in Health Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Health Administration or approved equivalent combination of education and related experience
* Extensive experience with evaluation assessments and process and outcome evaluations, including the use of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
* Extensive experience in program development and evaluation in a public health or similar setting
* Extensive experience critically appraising the quality and generalizability of existing programs for applicability to public health settings
* Experience wit microcomputer systems, database management, and statistical packages used for data analysis
* Extensive experience in preparing written reports of complex evaluation projects
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills; an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, including community representatives, senior management and technical experts
* Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively with others in a multi-disciplinary team setting
* Excellent report writing and oral presentation skills
Salary Range: $63,845.00 - $75,112.84
Closing Date: June 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm.
Please quote competition # NU-10-06 in your application.
Cover letters and resumes can be forwarded to:
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
999 Balmoral St.
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6E7
Fax: (807) 625-4827
We are unable to receive email from Hotmail and Yahoo accounts.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.