Deadline August 9, 2010
Reports to: Manager, Consumer eHealth
Department: Research Advocacy and Health Promotion
Location: Provincial Office (Toronto)
Status: Contract (2 year), Full Time
The Senior Specialist, Consumer eHealth is responsible for a wide range of analysis and project management work related to HSFO’s online self-management programs. In particular, the Foundation has recently made a decision to build a new etool on a new secure health platform, as well as enable our existing tools to “interoperate” with this platform. It is anticipated that this new venture will require specific attention to tracking, troubleshooting, reporting, and planning and management of enhancement. In addition, it is anticipated that the Foundation will be presented with further “like” opportunities that will require assessment and management.
Programs within the portfolio are:
- My Heart & Stroke Blood Pressure Action Plan
- My Heart & Stroke Healthy Weight Action Plan,
- My Heart & Stroke Risk Assessment and
- An ongoing Email Support program.
- Future self-management tools
The position will work intimately with other members of the consumer eHealth and Health Information Services team.
Program Development & Management
Lead the day to day management of several etool offerings including:
- Monitoring and analysis of tracking reports and consumer feedback to identify issues and opportunities for the team
- Lead internal staff teams and vendor team to address user issues and opportunities
- Develop and maintain documentation related to product changes
- Develop and gain approval to revised copy and content where required.
- Coordination with suppliers to ensure work is delivered on time, as per specs.
- Testing of programming work undertaken.
- Coordination with suppliers to ensure completion of evaluation tasks as outlined in the evaluation plan.
- Develop and maintain development, implementation and documentation processes necessary to maintain the eHealth programs
- Keep abreast of key ehealth trends to inform recommendations with regard to enhancements.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Overseeing implementation of evaluation plan.
- Providing ongoing tracking and reporting on performance of the tools.
Customer Service and Interaction
- Responsible for establishing processes to respond to questions from the public in regards to assigned tools, ensuring consistency with current processes and standards
- Monitor and report on customer service volumes and performance
Project management of Consumer eHealth projects
- Provide project management to assigned projects including:
- Preparation and implementation of project plans
- Proactively identify project issues and risks, determine appropriate course of action,
- Maintain regular communication with project stakeholders.
- Manage changes to project scope
- As appropriate, undertake other specific projects in consultation with the Manager, Consumer eHealth.
- Competencies/Knowledge Requirements
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical/detail-oriented; ability to outline program logic in a manner that is accurate, thorough, and easy to understand (information architecture)
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Demonstrates Leadership and Self-motivation in setting and achieving business goals. Takes ownership and responsibility for actions, results, learning and meeting standards of excellence.
- Demonstrates Business Smarts and Innovation through exceptional creative problem solving, strong critical thinking, resourcefulness and analytical skills. Proven ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Team player with Interpersonal Savvy through proven relationship-building skills and experience
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills
- Accountable for Results. Results-oriented self-starter with strong focus on achieving desired outcomes. Takes action to address obstacles and demonstrates pride and commitment to work.
- Ability to Adapt with Change and excel in undefined situations.
- Consumer eHealth team members
- Determining priorities for attention and budget; evaluating best course of action and best allocation of resources in a rapidly changing and emerging eHealth marketplace
- No direct reports
- Lead cross functional project teams with participation from all levels of the organization
- Experience and/or knowledge of chronic disease management, health promotion and patient education/behaviour change principles
- Healthcare/health informatics industry or Health Sciences education or experience is an asset
- Track record of successful project management including health-related projects and communication strategies
- PC literate with extensive knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office package (Familiarity with MS Visio and MS Project would be considered an asset) and social media and networking expertise
- Prior website development/information architecture work and/or, prior experience in the development of eHealth applications, would be an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your application by Monday, August 9th to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.