Deadline August 6, 2010
The Timiskaming Health Unit is looking for a dynamic leader to become the new Director of Operations. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Operations is responsible for all administrative and operational functions of our Health Unit which has 4 offices throughout the district and 2 nursing stations. The Director of Operations has responsibility for the strategic and operational direction of the agency and sound management of the personnel, finances and programs. The ideal candidate will have a proven record for being a passionate visionary, strategic thinker and disciplined decision maker. They will possess exemplary leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. To review the key responsibilities of the job please visit http://www.timiskaminghu.com.
- Master’s degree in health field and member of regulatory body;
- Continued engagement with learning initiatives for leading, promising and best practices for administrative and clinical functions;
- At least 5 years experience in program and staff development;
- Experience with collaborative relationships and interdisciplinary practice;
- Experience in implementing risk management strategies, best practices and effective practices with performance measures;
- Understanding of legislation impacting public health and THU employees;
- Strong and relevant clinical experience;
- Proven ability and aptitude in strategic planning, analyzing and evaluating all aspects of an organization;
- Proven ability to synthesize and utilize large amounts of data and diverse information from a variety of sources.
Salary: $116,980 - $126,980
Applications will be accepted until August 6, 2010. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Tara McCallan, Manager of Human Resources
421 Shepherdson Road
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment.