Deadline August 14, 2010
Position: Research Coordinator (FT)
Reports To: Dr. Kristi Adamo
Salary: commensurate with training and experience / en fonction de la formation et de l'expérience
Position Summary: The Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group (HALO) at the CHEO Research Institute is seeking a term full-time Research Coordinator to work within a dynamic multi-disciplinary team devoted to evidence-based health care research in pediatric obesity. This position is part of the Sherbrooke-Ottawa-Montréal Emerging Team in Critical Periods of Body Weight Regulation (SOMET): A Women‘s Health Perspective. The Research Coordinator will function as a coordinator for the day-to-day operations of a physical activity and nutrition randomized control trial in obese pregnant women as well as manage other ongoing HALO studies.
- Responsible for the management, coordination of a lifestyle intervention trial (may require occasional evening & weekend work) as well as other on-going studies
- Manage study site and research lab activities which includes but is not limited to subject recruitment, obtaining informed consent, liaising with randomization co-ordination site, scheduling of assessments, completion and collection of recall questionnaires
- Perform anthropometric measurements, body composition evaluations, dietary recall and physical activity recall assessments (among others)
- Responsible for the ongoing data collection and management of the trials including maintenance of a study databases.
- Prepare financial reports and disburse payments.
- Maintain communications with the principal investigators, trial committee and manage research assistants/students working on the project.
- Organize investigator meetings and prepare relevant presentations and materials.
- Work with the Information Technology group to deliver data management services.
- Assist in preparing grant proposals, manuscripts and submitting required documents to Research Ethics Board (REB) and regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for performing basic statistics and producing various study-related materials including communication and study progress reports.
- Supervise and provide training to other personnel (research assistants/students) on study procedures and assessments
- Assist investigators in the development and maintenance of a Quality Assurance program.
- Participate/present educational sessions both internally to staff and externally to other interested groups
- Participate in HALO Research Group meetings and SOMET meetings when necessary
- Undergraduate degree or Masters Degree in a health related field Essential (Human Biology, Physiology, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Nursing, Nutrition)
- Familiarity with clinical trial research design, process and conduct. Essential
- Familiarity with database management Essential
- Ability to take guided initiative and to work in an organized fashion. Essential
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills Essential
- Demonstrated collegiality, professionalism and team skills Essential
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, email, spreadsheets, Essential Presentations)
- Capable of effectively handling multiple priorities simultaneously Essential
- Ability to respond to study related issues during office hours Essential
- Strong work-ethic and motivation Essential
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently Essential
- Group Fitness Teaching Certification Preferred
- Bilingual (French and English) Preferred
- Experience in nutrition and exercise physiology Preferred
Posting Date: 09/07/25 to 14/08/10
This is a 2-year position (possibility of extension) with a 3-month probationary period.
This position is available August 2010.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Dr. Kristi Adamo
Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group
CHEO Research Institute
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L1