Deadline September 3, 2010
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Ethno-Racial Youth Mentoring (ERYM) program. This includes managing and supervising the mentoring components of the program.
The incumbent will work with community partners to provide a strength-based mentoring program for Ethno-Racial youth aged 9-13, who live in Northeast London, and identified as at-risk. Mothers of Ethno-Racial youth participating in the mentoring program will be offered support and companionship through one-on-one connections with volunteer mentor-mothers.
Responsibilities - Design, Develop and Manage:
- Program guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Strategies for recruitment and screening of mentors.
- Training, coaching, support and supervision of mentors.
- Matching process for mentors, youth and their mothers according to best practices.
- Program evaluation; and plan program improvements.
- Operating budget and prepare financial reports.
- Program sustainability plan.
Knowledge - Awareness, Understanding and Experience:
- Effects of exclusion, poverty and diversity for youth and families.
- Positive youth development within a health promotion framework.
- Mentoring best practices that use a strength-based philosophy.
- Managing risk to ensure program integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Advanced leadership skills
- Assumes responsibility with appropriate supervision
The London InterCommunity Health Centre is committed to hiring individuals who reflect and understand the diverse needs of the community served. The ERYM Program Coordinator will report directly to the Child, Youth and Family Team Lead (LIHC).
Qualifications: Post-secondary degree with relevant experience in the social and health services sector. Requires a mandatory police record check.
Compensation: This full-time, salaried 3-year position, at 37.5 hours per week plus benefits, requires some flexibility in scheduling and includes occasional evenings and weekend hours.
To receive further information prior to submitting a resume, email [email protected] for an Enquirer Package. Resumes are welcomed until Friday, September 3rd, 2010.