Deadline September 24, 2010
(Grid Level 751-800) Under Review
CUPE Local 543.3
Reporting to the Manager of the Epidemiology Department, the Data Analyst will work with the epidemiologist to assist with management of large health and geographic datasets particularly those related to chronic diseases and disease risk factors.
This position supports the data quality framework for epidemiology, research and surveillance programs and oversees the implementation and maintenance of a number of public health information systems. The successful candidate must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policieis and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or a degree in health sciences
- A graduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, health informatics is preferred
- Significant experience in a public health organization analyzing quantitative data and overseeing the implementation and maintenance of information systems
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards
- Demonstrated experience in the collection, collation, analysis and interpretation of health data
- Strong background in database development, management and analysis, including data programming, verification and quality control procedures, and in-depth knowledge of Access, Excel, statistical packages (e.g., Stata, SPSS), word processing and mapping packages, and data programming languages
- Ability to think logically and undertake complex problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, to prepare written reports, and to display statistical data in understandable formats
- Experience working in multidisciplinary team setting
- Familiarity with public health information databases including intelliHealth and CCHS would be a definite asset.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a resumé and cover letter by September 24, 2010 to
Manager of Human Resources
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
Fax: (519) 258-6003
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.