No deadline noted
Position: Senior Specialist, Health Professional Education
Reports to: Manager, Health Professional Education
Status: Part Time, Permanent
Reporting to the Manager, Health Professional Education, the Senior Specialist Professional Education is responsible for bringing a clinical focus and expertise to maintaining, developing and enhancing the Foundation’s knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) activities targeted to healthcare professionals in order to promote awareness and transfer knowledge of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular related medical and health issues. The HSFO’s current knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) activities targeted to healthcare professionals includes annual conferences and resources for healthcare professionals including an on-line portal for healthcare professionals. The Senior Specialist Professional Education will have a particular focus on supporting the professional education component of the Ontario Stroke Network (OSN), including collaborating with the OSN Best Practice Leader, Regional Education Coordinators (OREG) and other partners and consultants across the continuum of care
Support knowledge translation and exchange among healthcare professionals within the Ontario Stroke Network through:
- work with the OSN Best Practice Leader and OREG to address OSN’s identified gaps and opportunities in professional education along the continuum of stroke care and the development of strategies to address identified needs and priorities in collaboration with OREG
- the development, implementation, dissemination and evaluation of health professional education activities and resources based on identified need including the use of current and emerging technologies.
Support the development, implementation, dissemination and evaluation of HSFO health professional education resources
- Identify opportunities to improve knowledge translation and exchange with healthcare providers
- Evaluate and measure the professional education portfolio
- Investigate new technologies that support dissemination and updating of resources
- Ensure Professional Education Web site is updated as appropriate
- Evaluate the cost and feasibility of educational resource options
- Facilitate the launch and implementation of new projects, as appropriate
- Ensure Parent Brand design standards are incorporated into educational resources
- Work collaboratively with the OSN Best Practice Leader and OREG to successfully plan and execute the annual Stroke Collaborative conference
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Manager, Health Professional Education and the Manager, Health Professional Education to successfully plan and execute conferences such as Clinical Update and Hypertension Collaborative
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Ontario Stroke Network partners as related to professional education
- Represent HSFO on OREG and other committees and work groups as appropriate
- Has strong clinical background in a related discipline (such as nursing or allied health)
- Strong knowledge and experience of adult learning gained through a combination of post secondary education and professional experience
- Understanding and experience of Knowledge Translation Exchange (KTE) process
- Prior experience developing professional education resources and accredited conferences
- Knowledge or experience working in multi level disease organization would be beneficial
Please forward your resume to:
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Important: Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.