Deadline September 24, 2010
Internal / External Job Posting
Reporting to the Director, Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa (CDEPO Program), the CDEPO Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CDEPO Education Team, which include nurses and dietitians. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising these staff at CCHC's main office and at off-site locations. The Program Manager conducts and/or facilitates the planning, development and implementation and evaluation of program activities in consultation with the Director, CDEPO.
- Master's degree in a health related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years clinical experience in a multi-disciplinary health care team, with a specific emphasis on diabetes.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- Registration with the appropriate college.
- Demonstrated ability to model "client centred" service delivery.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Sound knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management.
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Demonstrated experience with data management systems in a health setting.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken
Start date: October 2010
Salary range: $68,873-$82,980/year; Excellent benefits package including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan
How to "express an interest" for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before September 24, 2010 to:
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Quote Selection process number and title: CCHC #10-015 - CDEPO - Manager, Diabetes Program