Deadline November 1, 2010
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community-based organization whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. Join the Society to help prevent cancer, save lives and support those living with the disease. You’ll be part of a passionate team determined to make a difference.
A career at the Canadian Cancer Society will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are not only leaders in their field, but are also dedicated to the fight against cancer
- Have challenging and interesting work in a team environment
- Foster your development and nurture your career growth opportunities
The Administrative Assistant for Operations will execute all administrative functions for the portfolio under the supervision of the Vice President, Operations & CFO. The ideal candidate will illustrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and also show a demonstrated ability to support the organization with excellent customer/client service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Functional Duties
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President, Operations & CFO and Directors, including calendar management for the CFO.
- Provides administrative support to the Audit Committee, including agenda preparation, meeting logistics and transcribing meeting minutes and follow-up communication.
- Facilitates execution of all leases and contracts.
- Maintains risk register for the Division.
- Administers insurance records for automobiles and property and processes requests for certificates of insurance. Responds to all queries regarding insurance and liaises with insurance provider.
- Arranges logistics (boardroom and equipment booking, teleconferencing, catering, travel and accommodation for staff) for various meetings including photocopying, collation and distribution of meeting materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the Operations content on the intranet and in the electronic files.
- Assists with collation of the annual planning and budget package.
- Responsible for the coordination of records management for the Operations portfolio.
- Assists with mail for department staff; opens, processes and distributes appropriately.
- Processes supply orders and invoices and expense claim forms for approval.
- Responds to internal and external queries, as required.
- Monitors and maintains the portfolio budget and communicates the status accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulation, as well as the Canadian Cancer Society’s Health and Safety policy. (Use or wear any protective equipment or devices required, Report any incidents, unsafe conditions or health and safety contraventions to your manager, and do not use equipment in any way that may endanger any worker or volunteer.)
- Previous administrative work experience in a corporate environment
- High level of confidence to take the initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and interactions with internal and external clients
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Experience in dealing with high volume of work, tight deadlines and ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Previous experience organizing meeting logistics and taking meeting minutes is preferred
- A criminal record check is required.
In return for your contributions, we offer a very attractive compensation package, which encompasses a salary starting in the high 30K range, excellent benefits and pension, and the chance to work in a supportive and progressive environment. Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resume and cover letter, quoting job# OHPE-69 in the subject line by November 1, 2010 to:
Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division
55 St. Clair Ave. W, Suite 500
Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7
The Canadian Cancer Society thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.