Deadline November 19, 2010
The Board of Directors of the Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) invites applications for the position of Executive Director. This is an exciting opportunity during a period of transition in the public health system in Ontario that requires a dynamic and strategic leader.
In accordance with the strategic direction set by a multidisciplinary board of public health professionals, the ED will lead and position OPHA to be a vibrant, sustainable organization to support the practice of the public health workforce in Ontario.
- a graduate degree in business administration, strategic communication, public administration, education or a related field
- over five years experience at senior level management in the not-for-profit sector with enhanced skills in human resource planning and management
- financial planning and management and fund raising skills
- volunteer governance experience in a lead position of a not-for- profit board
- experience in knowledge exchange strategies, policy development and proposal writing
- familiarity with the Ontario public health system and its funding ministries
- community relations and advocacy experience
- strong communication and public speaking skills (ability to communicate in both official languages would be an asset).
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto and have the ability to travel throughout Ontario.
Applicants are invited to submit their résumés on or before November 19, 2010, to the Search Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Haugh, President, OPHA, at 1005 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor ON, N9A 4J8.
We thank you for your interest, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.