Deadline November 20, 2010
The University of Ottawa is a bilingual academic institution which consists of 38 000 students. Unique to most Canadian campuses, the University of Ottawa Health Services is semi-privatized serving the needs of the University and the local community. Student fees help support Health Services in delivering a broad range of medical services and preventative health education.
- The International Health (IH) Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of programs that engage students, faculty and administrators in global health.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other student led groups, professors, university services and community agencies;
- Provide leadership and support to 2-3 student staff and up to 20 volunteers;
- Work directly with the marketing and communications officer in events planning and advertising;
- Advocate in the best interest of students while professionally representing Health Services.
- Bachelors' degree in International Development, Global Health, or other relevant field of study;
- 2 years work experience, ideally in a non-profit, educational or health setting;
- Experience creating and facilitating learning opportunities for young adults;
- Skills in program management/design, implementation, evaluation;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter no later than November 20th, 2010, outlining your interest in the role and how you fulfill the noted qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.