Deadline December 6, 2010
This is a 2-year fulltime contract position with the possibility of becoming permanent. We require a creative, high energy individual who is able to coordinate and execute a variety of tasks with key responsibilities being project administration and communications for the emerging Canadian Network of Women’s Shelters & Transition Houses.
Essential Functions And Basic Duties:
- Independently draft documents in French and/or English as required including official correspondence, letters, emails, memoranda, news releases, articles, reports, web content etc.
- Collaborate on the preparation of materials for meetings; write notices of meeting, agendas and detailed minutes.
- Provide administrative support for the planning and preparation of events, including drafting invitations and promotional materials and planning and implementing logistical details.
- Develop high quality presentations to communicate Network messages to a variety of audiences.
- Assist with web page development, coordination and maintenance; utilize electronic meeting technologies and electronic information exchange.
- Create, adapt and utilize images, graphics, text and templates to create products such as reports and newsletters.
- Use and monitor social media tools to support Network activities.
- Collate and circulate Network news and post documentation on web site and other electronic tools.
- Facilitate the flow of communication within the Network by staying informed on Network priorities and communicating regularly with colleagues to write and circulate Network information.
- Other communications tasks as assigned.
2. Project Administration
- Act as on-site office screener; answer telephone, arrange, accept and process mail, faxes, courier and deliveries.
- Acknowledge and ensure follow-up on inquiries and correspondence.
- Assist with project reporting and record-keeping.
- Organize and maintain up-to-date electronic and hard files and records.
- Create and maintain up-to-date spreadsheets of contact lists, budgets and project tracking.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings of Executive Director and Working Groups.
- Monitor and track inventory of supplies and materials and prepare requisitions.
- Maintain phone system, multi-function copier and computers.
- Prepare letters and coordinate mail-outs.
- Draft minutes and action lists from regular and one-time meetings.
- Make travel and meeting arrangements.
- Respond to general information queries from Network members.
- Responsible for smooth operation of Project Office; anticipate needs and set up and revise systems as necessary; advise the Executive Director on the efficient operation of the Project Office.
- Act as a resource person for Network members; coordinate meetings, takes part in organizing planned activities and take charge of administrative details.
- Prepare invoices for approval, forward paperwork to Financial Officer and follow-up to ensure payment.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both official languages (French & English).
- Experience in writing and revising French and English Texts including letters, administrative documents, promotional material, newsletters, program descriptions etc
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Outlook; intermediate abilities with web editing, project tracking and social media software and applications.
- Experience and proficiency in office management and coordination including use of office equipment and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience in meeting planning and logistics.
- Tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain effective, supportive and professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent. Degree preferred.
- Experience and/or knowledge of violence against women issues are considered an asset.
- Professional, diplomatic and committed to confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Highly motivated, energetic and optimistic
- Adaptable; embraces new ideas and challenges
- Both collaborative and autonomous; ability to work well in a team and also perform well with a minimum of supervision
- Good listener and able to interpret instructions, policies and procedures
- Dependable and loyal
- A sense of humour
- Knowledge and interest in the area of violence against women and sheltering issues is a definite asset
To express your interest in the position, please email your resume as soon as possible in MS Word format along with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.