North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 6, 2010
Position: Program Manager, Healthy Living - Management/Non-Union
Hours Of Work: Permanent - Full-Time - 35 Hours Per Week
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Community Services, the Program Manager is responsible for providing operational leadership to the Healthy Living Team. The Program Manager supervises Public Health Nurses, Registered Nurses, Community Health Promoters, Public Health Dietitians and Program Administrative Assistants, across the Nipissing and Parry Sound Districts and facilitates the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program plans, program indicators and annual reports.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree in Health Promotion, Applied Health Science or related discipline preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Promotion or Applied Health Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a public health setting
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience at a managerial level including supervisory skills and labour relations
- Experience with provincial reporting databases
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, inventory monitoring and control, as well as statistical data management
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and analytical qualities sufficient to navigate complex service systems and propose innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with team functioning
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Computer skills in word processing, data management, and internet
- Ability to apply theories and principles of community health promotion including multi-media and social marketing strategies, media advocacy, healthy public policy analysis and development, community development, negotiation and the application of behaviour change theory
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to research and prepare proposals and briefs
- Ability to work flex hours to meet program needs
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
The Health Unit is committed to supporting the incumbent in obtaining one of the above specified Masters degree, if desired.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Annual Salary: Minimum $75,023 To Maximum $88,262
Closing Date: December 6, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Management Administrative Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2010/067
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer