Deadline December 23 ,2010
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Location: 89 Richmond Blvd,, Napanee, K7R 3S1, East Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Salary: $1,575.32 - $1,998.74 per week*
Posting Status: Open
Job Code: 9382 - Psychologist 2
Category: Health and Social Services
Job ID: 32657
Are you interested in using your skills as a Psychologist to work with a consolidated pool of clients with diverse issues?
Do you have forensic psychology experience you wish to use in making an important contribution to this essential field of work?
Here is an opportunity for you, located in a beautiful region offering great home prices and a broad range of recreational activities.
Your role will include:
- Working within an inter-disciplinary team
- Providing a wide variety of psychological services related to the diagnosis, treatment, assessment and evaluation of offenders.
In this maximum security institution, housing male and female offenders, your skills will also be used to:
- Facilitate psychological rehabilitation, conducting therapy and counselling, administering, evaluating and interpreting psychological tests
- Provide consultation and advice to the management team
- Organize and conduct research and program evaluation projects Assist in staff training.
What we are looking for:
Are your qualifications as a Psychologist, which include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional standards of practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory and practices of psychology, including current rehabilitative, treatment and assessment techniques
- Effective knowledge of forensic psychological assessment tools and techniques
- Proven knowledge of the application and interpretation of assessment instruments to evaluate intellectual and personality functioning
- Demonstrated knowledge of program evaluation and research techniques to evaluate program effectiveness and develop and conduct research projects
- Knowledge of computer programs to operate Windows based applications and software.
Your skills and abilities include:
- Skilled in making diagnoses and recommending appropriate treatment interventions Interpersonal skills to maintain strong working relationships with multidisciplinary team members
- Demonstrated skills in communicating information and conducting therapy and counseling sessions
- Demonstrated abilities to assist in professional supervision of placement students and participate in staff training
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills to provide diagnostic assessments, formulate, deliver and evaluate treatment, crisis intervention and rehabilitation plans and programs
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation (e.g., consent to treatment, care and retention of records, Health Disciplines Act, Mental Health Act, privacy legislation, limits to privacy and confidentiality).
You will be registered as a Psychologist in the Province of Ontario.
A Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) check is required for the successful candidate
Note: Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis (Psychologist 1 level).
Please note that the requirement for registration as a Psychologist in the Province of Ontario still applies.
Posting Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Closing Date: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:59 pm EST
How to apply:
Please apply online by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering the job ID number 32657 in the Job ID search field. Please follow instructions to submit your application online.
As an equal opportunity employer the OPS will provide employment accommodation if required. Contact the Regional Recruitment Centre at: 1-866-410-8933 or 613-547-4402.
Please note - faxes are not accepted
Applications must be received by the end of the closing date with the Job ID number quoted. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.