Deadline December 10, 2010
Are you passionate about promoting health and wellness? Do you want to be part of improving the health and well-being of Ontarians?
With health promotion and wellness increasingly in the public policy forefront, the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport is looking for a dynamic leader who will use his or her knowledge of public health, health promotion and chronic disease prevention to provide leadership for the delivery of programs.
You are a strong results-focused leader with demonstrated experience in designing and delivering an array of programs with partners. As a dynamic senior leader, you have experience in building and maintaining collaborative relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, and levels of government.
As Director, Standards, Programs and Community Development, you will:
- Lead a new branch to support the delivery of health promotion and chronic disease prevention programs through provincial organizations, public health units and groups across the province
- Be responsible for the development, accountability and advice on public health standards
- Develop and maintain critical relationships and partnerships with key partners and stakeholders.
Location: 777 Bay Street
What we are looking for in the Director, Standards, Programs and Community Development:
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and leading high-performing teams to deliver programs and services
- You have proven experience in change management and delivering programs during transformational times
- You have experience developing branch/units, implementing new strategies and putting right processes in place
- You have strong negotiation and consensus-building skills dealing with both internal and external partners
- You have experience in representing organizations at an executive level and demonstrated consultative and relationship management skills
- You are a strong operational leader and have experience managing multimillion-dollar programs in a complex environment
- You offer experience in working with government programs
- You have knowledge of public health, social services or community programming.
Note: Applicants to this competition may also be considered for other executive opportunities within the Ontario Public Service.
Salary range: $115,000-$131,450
Please apply online, by December 10, 2010, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 32766 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need help applying, contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.